We have a long tradition of wearing uniform at Cumnor School and it should be worn at all times in school. We like the children to look smart and feel part of the community which they belong to. We feel that this makes a positive contribution to the School’s ethos and helps to avoid any discrimination.
Uniform expectations were reclarified in September 2023 following a relaxation around the pandemic and a transitional period of the remainder of the academic year was established.
You may select school uniform from the following items:
- Grey or black shorts, trousers, skirt or pinafore
- Blue/white or yellow/white checked dress (summer)
- White shirt or polo shirt
- School navy sweatshirt / cardigan
- Standard school shoes, or dark coloured trainers. Fashion shoes are not permitted.
- Year 6 only: purple sweatshirt (with special Yr 6 school logo)
Shorts worn for modesty under another item of clothing, e.g. a dress or a skirt are acceptable.
Whilst leggings are not listed as items of school uniform, these may be worn in place of tights under a dress or skirt.
If your child has a sensory need, please speak to their class teacher about making adaptations to accomodate this.
- Navy shorts
- Navy joggers
- Plain T-shirt in the house colours (Green – Northmoor, Yellow – Kings, Red – Pinkhill, Blue – Eynsham) A small logo is acceptable. No football kits or tops with large prints please.
- School royal blue sweatshirt or navy fleece
- Easy-to-fasten Trainers/plimsolls
- A strong PE bag (drawstring bag) for keeping clothing together. Space in the cloakroom is very limited so please help by providing a bag that does not take up too much space.
All school uniform is available by logging onto www.pmgschoolwear.co.uk and clicking on Cumnor School.
Items of good quality second-hand clothing can be purchased through the PTA, please email email@example.com to enquire about availability of sizes.
We encourage plain accessories (socks, hair ties) etc, either in white, black, grey, navy, blue or yellow. Long hair must be tied back with a soft hair tie for PE.
Jewellery, nail varnish, wrist bands, make-up, stick on tattoos and other such adornments are not appropriate for school and will be strongly discouraged. Children with pierced ears may wear simple stud earrings but these must either be removed or covered with adhesive tape for PE – it is the child’s responsibility to do so.
Children may wear watches but they should be suitably unobtrusive in terms of colour, size and beeps! They should not have the ability to make/recieve calls or take photos/video. Children must remove watches for all PE and we cannot accept any responsibility for their loss or damage.
Lost and found property, other than clothing, is kept by the School office. Clothing is placed in a lost property box kept in the KS1 corridor. Please ensure all clothing worn by your child in school is clearly named – this includes coats and shoes. We make every attempt to reunite named property with its owner. At the end of each term all remaining lost property and clothing is laid out on a table in the entrance hall. Unnamed clothing that is still unclaimed is then recycled or disposed of.