As our children approach the end of their time at Primary School, we want to ensure that they are as ready as possible for a more independent lifestyle as they make their journey through secondary education.
In order to do this we have developed our own ‘Life Skills’ opportunities:
- A three week First Aid Training course led by a leading Oxfordshire paramedic trainer.
- A visit to The John Radcliffe Hospital as part of the IMPs project (Injury Minimisation Programme).
- Participation n the Oxfordshire’s Junior Citizen Project learning about safety in a range of situations.
- Cycling Proficiency Training.
- Grow £10 project.
- Running stalls at the PTA Christmas and Summer Fetes.
Independence and Responsibility:
- Work with the local secondary school on school readiness and personal organisation.
- In school responsibilities
- Enhanced E-safety awareness curriculum including use of social media and associated well-being issues.
- 5 day residential visit.